This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR/7344, O(n^2) branch prediction
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: tm at mail dot kloo dot net (tm)
- Cc: rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz (Zdenek Dvorak), dberlin at dberlin dot org (Daniel Berlin), lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), jh at suse dot cz, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:43:37 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR/7344, O(n^2) branch prediction
> I think you're right. Here is the revised patch.
> 2002-09-06 Toshiyasu Morita <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * predict.c (process_note_prediction): Ignore multiway
> branches to avoid excessively long compile times (PR/7344)
OK, I bootstrapped and ran make check on this patch; the results are at
as compared to the unpatched source at
There are two or three fewer failures with the patch than without,
but they may be due to reductions in compile times below limits.