This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix execute/20020412-1.c
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: wilson at redhat dot com (Jim Wilson)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, joern dot rennecke at superh dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:08:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: fix execute/20020412-1.c
> >If you need both kinds of justification, or left-justification
> >for big-endian, then you are screwed. IA-64 falls in this category.
> Typo. That should be little-endian.
> IA-64 is little-endian and needs both left and right justification for
> different kinds of parameters, which currently isn't possible to express.
After I wrote, I realized that I had been thinking about hppa64 too much.
The 32-bit PAhpux port for hpux is big-endian and it needs right justification
of structures which are less than or equal to 64 bits. function_arg-padding
currently works ok for structs <= 4 bytes but not for 5 to 7 bytes structs.
These currently end up left justified by GCC.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)