This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:54:45 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
On 4 Sep 2002, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 14:16, Janis Johnson wrote:
> > This patch adds a new chapter to the GCC Manual, "Binary Compatibility".
> > It describes several related concepts and how they interrelate, gives a
> > brief overview of what functionality is covered by C and C++ ABIs, and
> > describes expectations for future conformance with the C++ ABI.
> Shouldn't we include something about the other GCC languages?
If we want to include information about each language here - and we
probably should (though in some cases it might be a cross-reference to a
front end manual) - then remember to add this to the checklist in
sourcebuild.texi of what's needed in a front end.
Joseph S. Myers