This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:11:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
- References: <20020903141621.A13178@us.ibm.com> <1031106487.5048.9.camel@dhcppc2>
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 06:20:29AM -0700, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 14:16, Janis Johnson wrote:
> > This patch adds a new chapter to the GCC Manual, "Binary Compatibility".
> > It describes several related concepts and how they interrelate, gives a
> > brief overview of what functionality is covered by C and C++ ABIs, and
> > describes expectations for future conformance with the C++ ABI.
> Shouldn't we include something about the other GCC languages?
> FWIW, we're not promising anything for native compilation of Java code
Good plan. I don't know what we're doing for other languages, so feel
free to submit a patch that explains it. I suspect there's a lot of
other information that could be included here, too; my main goal was to
provide a logical place to put such things.