This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
bug introduced by inlining patch
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: garloff at suse dot de, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:09:02 -0700
- Subject: bug introduced by inlining patch
I believe this patch broke some things:
2002-04-27 Kurt Garloff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-inline.c (inlinable_function_p): Improve heuristics
by using a smoother function to cut down allowable inlinable
* param.def: Add parameters max-inline-insns-single,
max-inline-slope, min-inline-insns that determine the exact
shape of the above function.
* param.h: Likewise.
The effect is that the documented flag -finline-limit no longer works
to increase the default inlined size limit. You also need to say
--param max-inline-insns-single; I think this is wrong. Also, the patch
contains no documentation for the new parameters.