This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:49:16 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: new binary compatibility chapter in GCC manual
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Janis Johnson wrote:
> The file extend.texi already includes three chapters:
> C Implementation-defined behavior
> Extensions to the C Language Family
> Extensions to the C++ Language
The first one of these really belongs in a separate file as well.
> I'll put it in a separate file, though, if that's what you prefer.
It should go in a separate file; extend.texi should just describe GNU
extensions to languages whose front ends are covered in the main manual
(that is, C and C++, since objc has a separate file that used to be in the
> Is the content OK for a first cut? How about its position within the
The content is OK. The position should probably be after objc.texi rather
than coming between the discussion of C/C++ extensions and that of ObjC
Joseph S. Myers