This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: builtin float.h macros
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:37:26 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: builtin float.h macros
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Richard Henderson wrote:
> What would break if we unconditionally interpreted p- as
> valid for a preprocessor number? I can't think of any
> alternate valid interpretations of 0x1p-22...
Proper lexing of preprocessing numbers is tested in
gcc.dg/c90-hexfloat-2.c. I don't know whether such a test can be
constructed involving only preprocesing numbers that can be converted from
preprocessing tokens to tokens.
Joseph S. Myers