This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PowerPC select_section / unique_section
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>, Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 23:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PowerPC select_section / unique_section
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Alan Modra wrote:
> Note that -fpic means both PIC code _and_ shared library code generation
> on other targets.
Some targets. Unless I'm very mistaken, all code is PIC on alpha, so that
-fPIC has little effect apart from binds_local_p.
Irrespective of PPC, wouldn't it be a desirable to have uniformity across
GNU/Linux targets over this issue?