This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: fix objc/formal-protocol-6.m
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: Nicola Pero <nicola at brainstorm dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:06:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix objc/formal-protocol-6.m
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nicola Pero wrote:
Sat Aug 31 20:56:36 2002 Nicola Pero <email@example.com>
Fixed PR/1727 and long-standing failing testcase
* objc-act.c (build_protocol_expr): If compiling for the GNU
runtime, create a list of Protocol statically allocated instances
if it doesn't exist, then add the Protocol object to this same
(get_objc_string_decl): Fixed typo/bug - TREE_VALUE had been used
instead of TREE_CHAIN.
This is OK, and thanks for fixing a longstanding bug!
+ The NeXT runtime, I believe, uses some low-level trick to look up
+ all those symbols, then loops on them and fixes them up.
Use this instead: "The NeXT runtime fixes up all protocols at program
startup time, before main() is entered."