This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.2, mainline] Fix for g77.f-torture/execute/f90-intrinsic-numeric.fon x86-64
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at cygnus dot com, aj at suse dot de, patches at x86-64 dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:06:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [3.2, mainline] Fix for g77.f-torture/execute/f90-intrinsic-numeric.fon x86-64
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <20020902151128.A27003@chimera.suse.cz>
Jan Hubicka wrote:
As far as mainline is concerned, this patch is OK with me. BTW, doesn't
long_double_type_node mean different things on different hardware (i.e.,
isn't a long double 80 bits on a plain x86 ?)
g77.f-torture/execute/f90-intrinsic-numeric.f fails to compile on x86-64
because it uses TFmode for converting fp->integer in unsigned way and later
promotes the TFmode argument to be constant in CSE. CSE attempts to force
constant into memory in order to make instruction match that needs to get
constant_alignment, for that it needs type of the constants that gets into
ffe_type_for_mode that returns NULL and we get nice crash.
This patch fixes the problem by adding long_double_type_node to it.
Bootstrapped/regtested 3.2 release and mainline. OK for 3.2 branch and mainline?
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)