This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] optimization docs part 3
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>,Jerome L Quinn <jlquinn at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:32:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] optimization docs part 3
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <76BE8DF0-BC46-11D6-B2B4-000393575BCC@dberlin.org>
> On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 12:27 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> >On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Jerome L Quinn wrote:
> >>+Currently the following ports permit debugging without frame
> >>+pointers: alpha, arm, avr, d30v, dsp16xx, fr30, ia64, m32r, m88k,
> >>+mn10200, mn10300, pa, rs6000, s390, sh, sparc, stormy16, and xtensa.
> >Any list of ports like this is liable to get out of date, at least it
> >needs to be added to the checklist in sourcebuild.texi of places to
> >for new ports.
> Actually, you could auto-generate it (with a cron job, or at build
> time), by doing:
> grep -l "define CAN_DEBUG_WITHOUT_FP" config/*/*.h|xargs -n 1 dirname
> |sort |uniq
> Doing so also shows that the current list is missing a few.
x86_64 can debug without FP but it does not define this macro, as it is
not runtime choosable for i386. Just an example where autogeneration is