This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3 PATCH: numeric_limits<> support, fix PR/3865
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:16:47 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: V3 PATCH: numeric_limits<> support, fix PR/3865
On 1 Sep 2002, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | If we do this, let's leave the macros undocumented so that third
> | party code doesn't come to rely on them.
> I have no problem with that. I thought gccint.texi was for GCC
> developers only and I was "obliged" by some conventions to document
If an extension is used only by GCC libraries and headers, it should still
be documented, with a statement that it is only to be used by GCC
libraries and headers. The documentation currently says that the _BIT__
macros should not be used directly; I see no need for any change in that
regard. If the __TARGET_ macros also should not be used directly, an
appropriate note should be added to their documentation.
Joseph S. Myers