This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- From: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:58:25 +0200 (MEST)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- References: <15588.8866.175862.363329@xayide.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE><AA094BBE-6D9C-11D6-AF14-00039344BF4A@gnat.com><20020522171338.GB3536@codesourcery.com>
Zack Weinberg writes:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:57:44AM -0400, Geert Bosch wrote:
> > - For most of the
> > ada/<file>.o :
> > targets (i.e the dependencies), it would be simpler/cleaner to
> > use a VPATH and remove all the directory info, unless one of the
> > goal is to get rid of GNU Make extensions, which would probably
> > add extra complexity and go backwards.
> I do not believe the $(@D)-flags hack will work if you do that, but I
> could easily be wrong.
I've copied the dependencies in all other language Make-lang.in's for this.
I could try with VPATH if really desired, but since the dependencies are
generated automatically anyway, we could leave them as is (i.e. with the
ada subdir) and avoid the need for GNU make in this case.
I suppose VPATH = $(VPATH):@srcdir@/ada in ada/Make-lang.in should suffice
to achieve this only for builds including ada?