This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Enabled arm-gas warning about deprecated command line options
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 May 2002 18:04:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: Enabled arm-gas warning about deprecated command line options
- References: <200205201615.RAA23847@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>
> > Any objections to my applying this patch ?
> Well, I there isn't a released GCC that uses the new interface yet, so
> that's a good reason not to start gratuitously whinging about the old
> However, I do think the testsuite should be changed.
> There's transition latency problem here -- I couldn't change gcc until a
> binutils with the new interface was enabled; now it is (at least, I'm
> assuming it is), we can move GCC to using it; once that's out we can start
> to more aggressively deprecate the old interface.
OK - I will check the gcc & gas testsuite patches in and leave the
assembler accepting both and new syntaxes for now. After the next gcc
release we can switch gas over.