This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.1?] fix memset builtin for i386/-minline-all-stringops
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "rth at cygnus dot com" <rth at cygnus dot com>, "patches at x86-64 dot org" <patches at x86-64 dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:13:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: [3.1?] fix memset builtin for i386/-minline-all-stringops
- References: <20020503132812.GI31911@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
> The problem was that code in front of string operation attempted to reach
> 8 byte alignemnt for pentiumpro possibly copying more than needed bytes
> of memory.
The patch looks OK to me. If RTH or another maintainer approves it, and
we haven't yet completely frozen the branch, it can go in.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com