This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libstdc++ patch] Check for __builtins in std_cmath.h
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 23:49:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++ patch] Check for __builtins in std_cmath.h
>>>>> Roger Sayle writes:
Roger> David, can you check that PR 3184 is still fixed on powerpc-ibm-aix4.3
Roger> with both of these patches applied? One advantage of this fix to that
Roger> problem is that g++ should now generate machine instructions where
Roger> available when using c_shadow. For example, sqrt(float) on solaris 2.7
Roger> will generate the fsqrts instruction and only call the libmath stub if
Roger> necessary to set errno.
I rebuilt libstdc++-v3 with the two patches and re-ran make check.
There were no new failures. As long as v3 provides the float functions
when not present on the native target, everything should be okay.