This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH, rs6000 (alpha?) long const
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Rix <trix at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:39:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH, rs6000 (alpha?) long const
- References: <3C2DDFAE.83C9257F@redhat.com>
On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 09:22:23AM -0600, Tom Rix wrote:
> Looks like alpha also uses this logic. Can someone familar with alpha
> comment on the old logic's correctness?
The 'L' constraint is for exactly this sort of constant. This
is supported by the "ldah" insn on alpha, and "addis" on ppc64.