This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] Corrections to gnat-style.texi
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:15:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Ada] Corrections to gnat-style.texi
On Saturday, December 22, 2001, at 01:43 , Florian Weimer wrote:
>>> + @item
>>> + Do not declare discriminated record types where the discriminant is
>>> + for constraining an unconstrained array type. (Discriminated
>>> + records for a variant part are allowed.)
>> Why this rule? The other rules are quite obvious or subject to taste,
>> but this one seems to be different. Is it a code generation issue?
Probably there has been a code generation issue from a long time ago.
This paragraph should go. Consider a patch to that effect pre-approved.