This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, "rth at redhat dot com" <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:00:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
--On Monday, December 17, 2001 12:35:44 PM +0000 Richard Kenner
> Are you not even going to try? To date you've not ever
> produced a single test case when asked.
> Most of the failures have been compiling the library or an ACATS test,
> so one isn't needed in those cases.
My observation is as follows.
For the FSF releases, we are obligated to avoid regressions in the
test suites that ship with GCC. If new tests are not contributed,
then we may accidentally break things that were previously fixed.
If it is not worth it to the Ada contributors to create new tests
that can be checked in to GCC to prevent that from happenning,
that is OK with me.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com