This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: robertlipe at usa dot net
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 01 18:29:23 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
Why not add a testcase that would have caught whatever this wasn't doing
right (which you didn't describe according to gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html)
It's not a test *case*, but a test *option*, which I mentioned, turning on
the depressed-stack-pointer option in Ada. We can't actually turn it on yet
since there are other bugs with it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't
fix some of them before the option can be turned on.
how you tested it (also a requirement in that same document)?
I didn't since it didn't affect any enabled code.