This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add target hook in C front end
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:40:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add target hook in C front end
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:21:19PM -0800, Eric Christopher wrote:
> The mips port currently needs to pass __SIZE_TYPE__ and __PTRDIFF_TYPE__
> to the preprocessor to make sure that the definitions of size_t and
> ptrdiff_t agree with the size given. This is currently done through spec
> files that are duplicated throughout the backend and usually only work
> for the multilibs that a particular header file was designed to support.
> (insert comment about herculean task of making sure updates work...)
> This patch solves this problem by allowing C code to set the size of
> __SIZE_TYPE__ and __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ and setting SIZE_TYPE and
> PTRDIFF_TYPE to these values.
This patch breaks -save-temps. We revert to the external preprocessor
for that mode.