This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Volatile MEMs in statement expressions and functions inlined as trees
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Almquist <ralmquist at ssi-corp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Dec 2001 20:19:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Volatile MEMs in statement expressions and functions inlined as trees
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.10.10112141339330.2193-100000@granny>
Richard Almquist <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| I do think that we should document what GCC is doing once a decision
| has been made.
Completely agreed. The subtile difference C vs. C++ should also
| I also think we might want to issue a warning when volatile variables
| are used in an assingment chain because the result might not be what is
| expected or intended.