This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [c++ patch] deprecate implicit typename (again)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:02:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [c++ patch] deprecate implicit typename (again)
--On Tuesday, December 11, 2001 02:08:12 PM +0000 Jason Merrill
> This is OK, though I might just make it a pedwarn.
> What does the new parser do when it sees something that would currently be
> an implicit typename? Does it give a helpful error?
Not particularly. I'm planning on working on that when we get closer
to the 3.1 branch point so that it's ready when we get to the part of
3.2 cycle where we're allowed to make major changes.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com