This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ICE outputting unaligned fp constant on powerpc-apple-darwin5.1
- From: Stuart Hastings <stuart at apple dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:49:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: ICE outputting unaligned fp constant on powerpc-apple-darwin5.1
On Sunday, December 9, 2001, at 10:36 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 12:48:27AM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> Remove them where? In the common part of the compiler? Remember
>> that the problem is not the macros ...
> No, that's wrong. The problem _is_ the macros. The fact that
> we can't know that the macro won't add implicit alignment.
>> You want assemble_real_1() to be rewritten to not use
>> ASM_OUTPUT_XXX macros?
> The ASM_OUTPUT_FLOAT etc macros, yes. I want it to use
Per your previous note to me, I have worked up a patch to do as you
suggest. I wasn't going to submit it to the GCC list until it had
already bootstrapped and passed testing. Possibly later today.