This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tom Rix <trix at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:23:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
>>>>> Tom Rix writes:
Tom> The user then has to explictly do
Tom> -mpower -mold-mnemonics
Tom> to override the implict
Tom> -mpower -mnew-mnemonics
Tom> When this corrected for the user if the user does
Yes. Or at least -march=power.
The rs6000 port sets up defaults. -mpower, -mpowerpc,
-mpowerpc64, -mstring, -mmultiple, etc. turn on individual internal
flags. GCC is not guaranteed to work correctly for undocumented
combinations of flags.