This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tom Rix <trix at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:30:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
There is nothing to fix. This is user error. -mpowerpc does not
enable new mnemonics either. -mpower, -mpowerpc, etc. enable and disable
low-level bits which need to be controlled in concert to create a usable
mode. If you want to test POWER, use -mcpu=power, which is the preferred
method and is the method used by multilibs.