This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditionalize INO handling for VMS
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Dec 01 21:14:53 EST
- Subject: Re: Conditionalize INO handling for VMS
Please move the #ifdef block to the top of the file, just after all
I think that would be much less clear given how local this is. What you
propose makes sense if there are a bunch of them or if they are used in
multiple places in the file but when there's only one use and it's this sort
of detail, I think it's much easier to read if it's adjacent to its usage.
In the original patch, Doug had this right before the function, but I felt
even those was too far away given the locality here.
The other approach is to remove the macro altogether and just have the #ifdef
in the code. Do you think that would be clearer?