This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c: __FUNCTION__ etc.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:35:09 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: c: __FUNCTION__ etc.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Neil Booth wrote:
> How about this for a patch, then? It makes the 3 separate, and adds 5
> new testcases, four along the lines of your __func__ tests.
OK. Remember when the 3.1 release notes are being written to put a note
that these no longer concatenate in gcc-3.1/caveats.html.
> [What's to stop a clever linker from fixing the strings to be identical
That would be a bug in the (GCC, assembler, linker) triple - GCC should
only tell the linker to merge (by using special sections for string
constants, etc.) where permitted by the language and the linker should do
what it's told.
Joseph S. Myers