This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++ add rid entries for choose_expr and types_compatible_p
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>,George France <france at handhelds dot org>,gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:50:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: c++ add rid entries for choose_expr and types_compatible_p
- References: <200112090711.CAA27846@makai.watson.ibm.com> <email@example.com> <20011209090325.A27798@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 09:03:25AM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> Aldy Hernandez wrote:-
> > from cp/lex.c and c-parse.in:
> > /* Table mapping from RID_* constants to yacc token numbers.
> > Unfortunately we have to have entries for all the keywords in all
> > three languages. */
> And yet they are maintained separately. It would be nice to find a
> way of putting this stuff in one place; I don't believe it is impossible.
Only if you somehow manage to convince bison to generate identical
token numberings for two different grammars.
The whole problem vanishes on the cp-parser-branch, which can use
cpplib's token numbers for most things, and RID_* constants for the