This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: this$<n> initialization -vs- verification
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 08 Dec 2001 22:04:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: this$<n> initialization -vs- verification
- References: <email@example.com> <3C12EBEF.4310FFC1@email.byu.edu>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Eric> JVMS 4.9.4: "Before that method invokes another instance
Eric> initialization method of myClass or its direct superclass on
Eric> this, the only operation the method can perform on this is
Eric> assigning fields declared within myClass."
I don't see this text in my edition of the JVMS.
When was this added? Is there a new JVMS book available?
Eric> Hold off on your patch; because the bytecode is legal.