This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rtx_unchanging_p vs c++ vtable fields
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:38:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: rtx_unchanging_p vs c++ vtable fields
- References: <10112080255.AA10169@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:55:24PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Jeff Law, as I recall, ran into this a while ago. The problem is that if you
> have something that has both unchanging and non-unchanging fields and you
> store into the whole thing without /u, the unchanging parts won't be
But cause the field is _not_ unchanging. In the case at hand, if you'd
like to examine it, is that there are two stores to this field. At no
point is it safe to have more than one store to an unchanging memory.