This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] make DWARF2_DEBUG the default for ELF platforms.
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 12:49:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make DWARF2_DEBUG the default for ELF platforms.
--On Thursday, December 06, 2001 08:19:38 PM +0000 "Joseph S. Myers"
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> It's OK with me, but only if we do it quickly. I'd rather we just do
>> it now.
> Should the override in gcc/config/linux.h go away as well?
*I* think so. I've argued that GNU/Linux should use DWARF2 for years,
partly since that's what -ggdb produces, and since GDB is the native
debugger on GNU/Linux.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com