This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada runtime 64 bit fixes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:00:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: Ada runtime 64 bit fixes
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:02:14AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> The POSIX style System.OS_Primitives assumes that time_t == Integer. This
> is wrong for 64 bit architectures, where time_t is a 64 bit integer. The
> same is true for the tv_usec member of struct_timeval. For 32 bit targets
> this should make no difference.
In addition to the problems Rainer noted, Alpha/VMS "C" long is
32-bits wide, while Ada Long_Integer is 64-bits.