This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] data prefetch support and __builtin_prefetch (take 2)
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 06 Dec 2001 16:28:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] data prefetch support and __builtin_prefetch (take 2)
- References: <200112051749.RAA11366@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>
> > I suppose it's too much to hope for that since it's not documented, no
> > one knows about it and it's not being used.
> Possibly, I've no idea. I think it was the Cygnus/Red Hat guys who added
> this. Nick, any idea if this feature is widely used by your customers?
To the best of my knowledge it is not being used by customers. (But
then they never tell me when things work. They only complain when
things break. :-}) I know that the assembler instruction is used in
some hand coded assembler routines, but that does not count.