This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Darwin specific 1-liners (1)
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:30:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Darwin specific 1-liners (1)
On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 02:40 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:17:10AM -0800, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>> * config/rs6000/darwin.h: define HARD_REGNO_RENAME_OK to
>> prohibit subsituting LR for CTR.
> Why is this Darwin specific? Not that I necessarily
> know any of the issues on either side...
All right, let's try again. My guess is that this, and also the
BRANCH_COST patch, are beneficial on other OSs. However, I have
no way to demonstrate that, and I'm sure if I'd put these in
rs6000.h somebody would have required evidence of it. My best
suggestion is that somebody with interest in performance, and
a non-Darwin ppc system, try putting these in rs6000.h and
see what happens.