This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ast-optimizer-branch] Print trees in C syntax
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: POP Sebastian <m1sp at csc dot liv dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:00:15 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [ast-optimizer-branch] Print trees in C syntax
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, POP Sebastian wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:27:13PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > What about:
> > 1) creating a new file -- say c-pretty-print.c
> That was the simplest step.
> > 2) move some bits from cp/errors.c into c-pretty-print.c
> Hmm, I think I'll keep the big switch and avoid working with small specialized functions.
> There're lot of interesting things in cp/error.c (like the handling template names, ...),
> but I need some more time to finish...
If making the diagnostic formatting work for both C and C++, see also the
discussion in c/1027, and in particular take care of the cases where the
style of output for C and C++ should be different.
Joseph S. Myers