This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] elfos.h label rollover appears negative
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 Dec 2001 11:24:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elfos.h label rollover appears negative
- References: <200112022306.SAA27034@makai.watson.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
David Edelsohn <email@example.com> writes:
> I encountered a problem on AIX where GCC printed a negative number
> as a label count which the assembler interpreted as a difference
> calculation. elfos.h gave me the insight for the fix which I applied to
> AIX, but I noticed that elfos.h also has a similar error.
> elfos.h defines ASM_GENERATE_INTERNAL_LABEL correctly, but
> ASM_OUTPUT_INTERNAL_LABEL still prints a signed value. This patch makes
> the two macros defined in elfos.h consistent so that
> does not produce
> * config/elfos.h (ASM_OUTPUT_INTERNAL_LABEL): Display count unsigned.
This patch is OK.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>