This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Add objc-lang.c, further cleanup - TAKE TWO
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 07:34:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add objc-lang.c, further cleanup - TAKE TWO
- References: <4FB0D56A-E845-11D5-92F8-0030658361CA@apple.com> <3C0C130F.22B76EA3@apple.com>
Stan Shebs wrote:-
> This looks good, please go ahead and commit it. Might as well
> take the opportunity to put the ^L on a line by itself:
> ! ^L/* Compute a hash value for a given method SEL_NAME. */
> Incidentally, I understand the purpose of hash_func is to use
> something more predictable than the raw address of a tree node,
> but this does entail a speed hit. Did you ever get any numbers
> for the effect on the processing of a large ObjC header, like
> OS X or GNUstep Foundation.h or AppKit.h?
Incidentally, this is all moot. I didn't realize Zem was hashing
trees based on cpplib identifiers. The hashes are already calculated
for you and stored with the identifier, so come for free!
Zem, would you post a follow-up patch to use the hashes that have
already been calculated? The macro GCC_IDENT_TO_HT_IDENT in tree.h