This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to java/verify.c
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 03 Dec 2001 23:21:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: patch to java/verify.c
- References: <3C0C0EF7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Per" == Per Bothner <email@example.com> writes:
Per> XQuery has 'for' loops that are similar to SQL's 'select'.
Per> I compile the body of the 'for' loop into a jsr/ret subroutine.
Would you mind sending me one of these .class files?
Anything correct will do; I just want to load it into gij to see what
that verifier does.
Per> * verify.c (subroutine_nesting): New function.
Per> (verify_jvm_instructions): Use it to fix logic for checking that
Per> we're done with the current subroutine.
Per> * verify.c (verify_jvm_instruction): For OPCODE_checkcast and
Per> OPCODE_instanceof use POP_TYPE macro for better diagnostics.
If you're still interested in this problem there was a recent bug
report to the -patches list about verification and `jsr'. There is
also a PR on the subject which shows both a verifier problem and a
bytecode generation bug.