This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Committed: Fix for C99 thinko in c++/3394 fix (but still present on branch)
- From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at mediaone dot net>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, khan at nanotech dot wisc dot edu, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:02:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: Committed: Fix for C99 thinko in c++/3394 fix (but still present on branch)
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:21:52PM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> With this patch, cc1plus builds again on i686-pc-linux-gnu -x-
> mmix-knuth-mmixware. Committed as obvious on the trunk *BUT NOT
> ON THE BRANCH*. I strongly believe it must be fixed there too
> before the release, or cross-compiler people will get quite mad,
> because we'd have to install gcc-3.0 on the host before
> compiling target tool-chains. I'm not sure I'm allowed to touch
> the branch, though.
I got approval to commit the change to decl.c to trunk and branch here:
I see no reason why your fix should not go on branch, but it's not my
call to make.