This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 01 18:30:51 EST
- Subject: Re: alias.c:nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
> Even for C I'm not sure this is always safe. For example, if we have a
> struct in C with two tightly packed char's...
Then it's either a BIT_FIELD_REF, rather than a COMPONENT_REF,
or the target can't directly address characters and has to use
some form of addressing using AND.
In either case, this is handled.
No, it can be done at a lower level, I'm pretty sure.