This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH: Tree dumper
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:55:35 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH: Tree dumper
On 2 Dec 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> (For the web pages also MIME attachments are fine with me.)
> I'd rather go with a uniform set of rules. Would you *prefer* to get
> patches as MIME attachments, or are the guidelines below ok with you?
I'm pragmatic, so let's go with a uniform set of rules. ;-)
> Ok to install?
Could we have two sentences, as in "This and this and this is fine.
This and this and this is not fine" instead of "This is fine (while
this is not fine) and this is fine (while this is not fine)"?
I believe it's easier to read and understand what we want that way
-- and the patch is fine with this change.
> ! Avoid MIME large-message splitting (<code>message/partial</code> at
> ! all costs.</p>
I have not seen message/partial in the wild yet, so I think we could
omit this, but if you tell me that you worry about it, I will believe
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/