This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to dwarf2/stabs output for virtual bases
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:16:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH to dwarf2/stabs output for virtual bases
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:33:41AM +0000, Jason Merrill wrote:
> My earlier patch caused problems with some C++ testcases because it was
> looking for information in BINFO_VPTR_FIELD, but it wasn't there because
> the BINFO_BASETYPES binfo isn't necessarily the binfo chosen for that
> virtual base. So we copy it in once we've finished setting everything up.
> Sorry I didn't catch this before checking in the other change.
> Tested on both trunk and branch, i686-pc-linux-gnu with --tool_opts -g -O2.
> 2001-12-02 Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * class.c (finish_vtbls): Fill in BINFO_VPTR_FIELD in the
> immediate binfos for our virtual bases.
Thanks a lot! I'll try to get the GDB side of this in shortly.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer