This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:47:33 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Per Bothner wrote:
> with public-domain code, including adding their own copyright), but
> having the disclaimer in the source file itself just makes most sense.
And, in particular, for GNU, http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html#SEC7
You should maintain a legally valid copyright notice and a license
notice in each nontrivial file in the package. (Any file more than ten
lines long is nontrivial for this purpose.) This includes header files
and interface definitions, makefiles, scripts, other data files used
in building or running the program, documentation files, and any
supporting files. If a file has been explicitly placed in the public
domain, then instead of a copyright notice, it should have a notice
saying explicitly that it is in the public domain.
[ ... - discussing image and sound files, ChangeLogs, generated files,
format of notices, ... ]
Joseph S. Myers