This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More message and diagnostic fixes
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:40:02 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: More message and diagnostic fixes
On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Neil Booth wrote:
> * cfgrtl.c: Format messages correctly according to GNU
> coding standards.
> * config/cris/cris.c: Similarly.
> @@ -2529,7 +2529,7 @@ cris_override_options ()
> if ((write_symbols == DWARF_DEBUG
> || write_symbols == DWARF2_DEBUG) && ! TARGET_ELF)
> - warning ("Specified -g option is invalid with -maout and -melinux");
> + warning ("-g option is invalid with -maout and -melinux");
> write_symbols = DBX_DEBUG;
That one wasn't a good change. It's not simply "-g" that is
invalid, but *that* particular -g* option. Think "you can't
have -gdwarf-2 with a.out, but -gdwarf-2 has many names".
Whatever change in wording that reflects that is pre-approved,
or adding back "specified" if that makes sense. (Not being a
Thanks for the rest of the fixes.