This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at twiddle dot net
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 01 17:31:13 EST
- Subject: Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
Why wasn't the "stride" mechanism I mentioned the best way to do this?
I think it will catch many cases this won't.
I was going to implement it in the next day or two, but it will conflict
with your change.
If you're going to do it this way why not use handled_component_p to look
past things that aren't only COMPONENT_REFs?