This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0 branch Java iconv linking problems
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0 branch Java iconv linking problems
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:24:15 -0400
- cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Rainer Orth writes:
Rainer> David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I think the following definition of LIBICONV in Makefile.in is
>> necessary for the recent iconv change to be correct.
Rainer> Right. The same patch is required to return GCC to bootstrap land on Tru64
Rainer> but still hasn't been reviewed ;-(
Well this is totally ridiculous. I am approving this as obviously
correct and going to commit it on both the trunk and the branch. GCC
should not remains broken for this long.
If we need a more complicated patch for -I and -L, we can address
that later as further refinements. Normally iconv is supplied by the
system, so the header file and library are in the default paths.