This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed rtl.texi patch
- To: Lars Brinkhoff <lars dot spam at nocrew dot org>
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed rtl.texi patch
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:18:18 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 23 Jul 2001, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Tested with "make info" and "make dvi" on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu.
> Bits of this patch have previously gone unreviewed as
> 2001-07-23 lars brinkhoff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * rtl.texi (REG_POINTER): Document.
> (Machine Modes): Document BImode, OImode, PQImode, PHImode,
> QFmode, HFmode, TQFmode, QCmode, and HCmode.
Even though there are one or two dozen folks more qualified than me when
it comes to reviewing this patch, I installed it (mainline only), because
I believe the documentation will be better after the patch than before it.
And yes, patches (especially documentation patches) certainly shouldn't
fall through the cracks like yours have. We have to ponder on how to
prevent something like this happening (too often)!
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/