This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fastcall support, 3rd. try
- To: Eric Kohl <ekohl at rz-online dot de>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fastcall support, 3rd. try
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:07:50 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <000701c11203$b898ad60$0500a8c0@marvin>
On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 06:38:22PM +0200, Eric Kohl wrote:
> The attached patch (against current CVS) implements the fastcall calling
> convention for i386 on Win32 systems (CygWin/MinGW).
> I fixed the remaining bugs of the previous patch.
The patch looks techinically fine; it'll have to wait for your
gcc assignment to come through to be applied.
I'd appreciate it if you wrote some tests for this, both testing
caller and callee written in C, as well as one of caller or callee
written in assembly. You'd put this in the gcc.dg subdirectory
so that the test can be annotated to only apply to x86 with some
appropriate windows flavour.
It's not that I don't believe that the patch works now, but that
at some point in the future someone may accidentally break it.