This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.0.1, main] Installation documentation update for Sun
- To: Kelley Cook <kelley dot cook at home dot com>
- Subject: Re: [3.0.1, main] Installation documentation update for Sun
- From: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>
- Date: 19 Jul 2001 14:57:33 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: The Eyrie
- References: <3B5738D4.email@example.com>
Kelley Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Fair enough point. I believe that all of the information is
> non-architecture specific and should be merged into the same category.
> Possibly the assembler bug information is Sparc specific, but that is
> currently in the generic category.
> Then again, though I do have a copy sitting on my shelf, I've never
> actually used x86 Solaris, so I'll defer judgement to you.
If you're referring to:
This is Sun bug 4237974. This is fixed with patch 108908-02 and has
been fixed in later (5.x) versions of the assembler.
then according to SunSolve both that bug and that patch are specific to
SPARC. I don't see an x86 version of either.
Russ Allbery (email@example.com) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>